name server zone list

John Wobus jw354 at cornell.edu
Fri Apr 3 19:26:48 UTC 2009

Besides all the methods discussed, you could invent your own zone that
has this data in a format
of your choosing., e.g.

example.com.myzones.example.com TXT "example.com"
example2.com.myzones.example.com TXT "example2.com"

Then:

dig @nameserver axfr myzones.example.com

Your design creativity and your self-discipline in always adding a
record for each zone are your only limitations.
If you wish to get really fancy, you could script the rebuilding of
your named.conf file to do so using data
gathered with this dig command.

John