[OT] zonedit.com and changing DNS servers from current provider

Scott Haneda talklists at newgeo.com
Mon Apr 6 22:34:53 UTC 2009

On Apr 6, 2009, at 3:30 PM, Michelle Konzack wrote:

> My hosting contract is running out on 2009-04-16 and now I like  to
> use
> <zonedit.com> to host my zones.  Unfortunately  I  have  not  found
> the
> answer to my qustion on there help page and they  do  not  reply
> to  my
> question per mail except an autoreply.

Maybe you should reconsider using them if you are already having
support issues before you even use their services.

> So does someone know, if I setup Zonedit how to eliminate the ZONE
> at my
> current ISP and HOW to change the WHOIS record?

You should email your current ISP and ask them to delete the zone,
unless you have a control panel in which you an do so yourself.  I can
say, as a small ISP, this never happens, and we have developed tools
to run on a schedule to let us know when a domain has been moved.

To update the WHOIS, you just login to the registrar (the place you
purchased the domain for) and make a update in the NS section.