[OT] zonedit.com and changing DNS servers from current provider

John Wobus jw354 at cornell.edu
Fri Apr 10 15:39:28 UTC 2009

On Apr 7, 2009, at 5:36 PM, Michelle Konzack wrote:
> Hmmm, my own DNS is working, but HOW can I test a foreign DNS stup?

If your own DNS works at your own site, you can see what the rest of the
world is getting by any of the following:
-To do a quick check to see that the world is getting the right
records: try
recursive queries (e.g., dig) against opendns.com's nameservers.
-Do a series of non-recursive queries, following the delegation tree
from
the root down to your zone's delegated authoritative servers.
-dig +trace does the latter for you.