Bind 9 Configuration and Statistics

JINMEI Tatuya / 神明達哉 Jinmei_Tatuya at isc.org
Mon Apr 13 19:30:25 UTC 2009

At Sat, 11 Apr 2009 20:59:18 -0600,
"ic.nssip" <ic.nssip at northwestel.net> wrote:

> I have only a little question about Bind 9 Configuration and Statistics page.
>
> I activated statistics-channels on a 9.5.0-P2 and a 9.6.0 DNS Server.
> I'm not getting any records for:

> - Outgoing Queries from View _bind
> - Cache DB RRsets for View _bind

That's normal, as view _bind is not expected to cache any external names.

> - Outgoing Queries from View _default

Do you have non-empty cache DB RRsets but still not see anything about
outgoing queries?  If, for example, this is an authoritative-only
server, it's possible that named doesn't send any outgoing query (and
in that case there should be no cache DB RRsets).

> What should I activate or change on settings in order to get statistics on above listed too?

(I know this is not an answer to the question but)
If your views aren't expected to have non-empty statistics, you don't
have to worry about these things.

---
JINMEI, Tatuya
Internet Systems Consortium, Inc.