dns zone delegation

Kevin Darcy kcd at chrysler.com
Tue Aug 4 18:46:19 UTC 2009

The error message implies that "child.dns.com" is not a descendant of
this zone's origin.

You'd need to delegate "child.dns.com" from the "dns.com" zone, the
"com" zone, or the root zone, depending on how your internal namespace
is structured.

Note that you can check a zone's validity without reloading/restarting
the whole nameserver, via the named-checkzone utility in the BIND
distribution.

               - Kevin