cache poisoning

Nelson Serafica ntserafica at
Tue Aug 11 03:37:39 UTC 2009

Last year, there was a global threat about cache poisoning so I updated immediately my bind. I update it to BIND 
9.5.0-P1 and did nothing to its named.conf

Now, I'm setting up a secondary dns (in my previous emails) and I used BIND 9.6.1-P1. But when I do dig +short @<NS2 IP> txt, it is poor but when I do it on my ns1, it is great. ns2 is running the latest bind. I believe 
the fix for this is just update named to its new version. How come I'm still having poor when I'm running the new 
version of bind.

More information about the bind-users mailing list