BIND 9.5.1-P3 compilation problems.

Emery emery.rudolph at gmail.com
Tue Aug 11 11:28:31 UTC 2009

Good morning,

I've conducted two maintenance windows to upgrade our BIND primary
server to the new code to address the recent security vulnerability, but
cannot get past the error below. I have Openssl 9.8.0k installed. I have
no problems running tests from the openssl prompt. I have tried
exporting the LD_LIBRARY_PATH to include the /usr/local/ssl directory
and have run the compilation with the --with-openssl=/usr/local/ssl
switch to no avail.

I am running Solaris 10 Sparc -

I know that there is a precompiled version of this BIND release on
Sunfreeware, but I am trying to upgrade our primary nameserver and would
rather to this than a clean uninstall/install.

Is there any insight into what wall I'm running into?

checking for strings.h... yes
checking for inttypes.h... yes
checking for stdint.h... yes
checking for unistd.h... (cached) yes
checking for size_t... yes
checking for ssize_t... yes
checking for uintptr_t... yes
checking for socklen_t... yes
checking whether time.h and sys/time.h may both be included... yes
checking for long long... yes
checking for struct lifconf... no
checking for kqueue... no
checking epoll support... no
checking sys/devpoll.h usability... yes
checking sys/devpoll.h presence... yes
checking for sys/devpoll.h... yes
checking if unistd.h or sys/types.h defines fd_set... yes
checking whether byte ordering is bigendian... yes
checking for OpenSSL library... using OpenSSL from /usr/local/ssl/lib
and /usr/local/ssl/include
checking whether linking with OpenSSL works... no
configure: error: Could not run test program using OpenSSL from
/usr/local/ssl/lib and /usr/local/ssl/include.
Please check the argument to --with-openssl and your
shared library configuration (e.g., LD_LIBRARY_PATH).