Recursive Query.

Cathy Almond cathya at isc.org
Tue Aug 11 17:50:59 UTC 2009

I would recommend tracing or similar to find out why your named daemon
is not able to send to the IP address being logged.  You may find that
there are network connectivity issues or that the remote IP is sending
back an ICMP response.

The reason this particular logged error is seen on HP-UX is seemingly a
feature of the sockets implementation whereby the set-up of the
destination address may fail, but it isn't trapped until the send fails
with EDESTADDRREQ.

The underlying failure to send is a configuration/environmental issue
and this is what needs to be investigated.

Cathy