Named is causing my server to Kernel panic?

Kaya Saman SamanKaya at netscape.net
Fri Aug 28 11:41:58 UTC 2009

[...]
> Then. maybe you want to exchange Fedora with Red Hat's paid and
> supported offering (RHEL ?). If that Server is mission critical
> for you, the few bucks of yearly support contract shouldn't be
> that much of a problem.
[...]

I have had many problems with Fedora 11 on a PPC as I run it for web
services!! Basically Anacron doesn't work....

Try CentOS (x86 32/64 only though), I run 5.3 on two of my collaboration
suite servers. It's ultra stable and free also - it claims to be 100%
Red Hat binary compatible too.

Also Solaris 11 comes with named installed too (not sure of version but
that maybe something to check out too:-) ) In form of OpenSolaris or SXCE.

Hope this helps any

Regards,

Kaya