Feature request - disable internal recursion cache

Kevin Darcy kcd at chrysler.com
Wed Dec 2 16:44:50 UTC 2009

Dmitry Rybin wrote:
> I found answer for my feature request - simple C proxer:
> http://www.wolfermann.org/dnsproxy.html
>
> It can forward queries to auth or recursion server. Based on client IPs.
So, what does a dnsproxy approach accomplish, that can't be achieved
with less processes, and less listening ports/addresses, by BIND's
"view" feature? You can have one view for recursive resolution, and
another view that's only authoritative data, with no recursion at all,
and select the view depending on the client source address. This is, in
fact, how many folks (including us) run their Internet-facing
nameservers these days.

Perhaps this is why the dnsproxy code hasn't been updated in over 4
years. It would appear to be obsolete.