Hi

supriya samanta supriya.iem at gmail.com
Thu Dec 10 17:33:59 UTC 2009

 Hello All,

As per ISC security bulletin *CVE-2009-4022* There is a problem with BIND 9
Cache Update From Additional Section

*Problem Description:* A Nameserver with DNSSEC validation enabled may
incorrectly add records to its cache from the additional section of
behavior only occurs when processing client queries with checking disabled
(CD).It may occur both when requesting,and not when requesting,DNSSEC
records(DO).If the nameserver is authoritative-only this will not occur.

We have some business requirement where we need to reproduce the problem.

Could anyone advice a test case which I may use or direct me to some website
which could be useful for this purpose.

Any help will be appreciated.

Many Thanks,
Supriya Samanta