Handling of RSASHA256 and RSASHA512 in BIND 9.6.0 and BIND 9.6.0-P1

Doug Barton dougb at dougbarton.us
Tue Dec 15 04:05:40 UTC 2009

While this reminder is timely and helpful, more welcome would be the
news that BIND 9.6.2 is going to have actual support for
RSASHA{256|512}. My cursory reading of the 9.6.2b1 code does not seem
to indicate that it does, although I would be happy to be proven wrong.

I personally don't think it's reasonable to expect everyone who wants
to validate with BIND to upgrade to 9.7.x for a variety of reasons
that I'd be happy to elucidate if they are not obvious.

Doug