Handling of RSASHA256 and RSASHA512 in BIND 9.6.0 and BIND 9.6.0-P1

Mark Andrews marka at isc.org
Wed Dec 16 03:08:01 UTC 2009

In message <Prayer.1.3.2.0912151543550.32251 at hermes-1.csi.cam.ac.uk>, Chris Tho
mpson writes:
> (But it's not too obvious to me that adding support for a new signing
> algorithm should necessarily be considered a "major functional change".)

If it was *just* adding a new signing algorithm then yes it would be a minor
change.  A lot more happened under the hood to support the new algorithms
on all platforms.  Remember crypto support on some platforms is pretty
old and doesn't support SHA256/512 + RSA directly so we had to use more
primative methods on these platforms.

Mark
--
Mark Andrews, ISC