NS validation?

Frank Bulk - iName.com frnkblk at iname.com
Sun Feb 8 02:58:43 UTC 2009

A business customer of ours could not change their DNS entry at Register.com
from ns1.mtcnet.net/ns1.netins.net.

        After 10 failed attempts thru register.com to register <domain>
        to ns1.mtcnet.net and ns1.netins.net, I contacted Register.com
        and escalated this call to their highest tech authority.  I
        found out that Register.com uses 'VeriSign' as its DNS
        Registered Validator.  Apparently when I transferred this domain
        name from a different registrar I was supposed to use a
        special DNS Registration thru VeriSign option (who knew?) then
        transfer this to register.com

        For some reason VeriSign doesn't have NS1.MTCNET.NET on its
        list as registered DNS.  Go figure.

Ever heard of this before?

Frank