time.windows.com and download.windowsupdate.com

patatetom at gmail.com patatetom at gmail.com
Sun Feb 8 23:03:50 UTC 2009

Hi,

I've just started with Bind and DNS, so...

1 I'm on a LAN where external ntp and Window$ update sites are denied.
2 we have, on this LAN a wsus and a ntp server
3 a fresh Window$ XP pro try download.windowsupdate.com for update and
time.windows.com for synctime...

Can I play with these two zones on my NS ?

zone "time.windows.com" IN { type master; file "time.windows.com"; };

@       IN      SOA     fake admin ( 20090201 8H 1H 2W 5D )
        IN      NS      fake
fake    IN      A       172.20.0.2
time.windows.com.       IN      A       172.20.0.2

zone "windowsupdate.com" IN { type master; file
"windowsupdate.com"; };

@       IN      SOA     fake admin ( 20090201 8H 1H 2W 5D )
        IN      NS      fake
fake    IN      A       172.20.0.2
download.windowsupdate.com.       IN      A       172.20.0.2

Thanks for help.