rndc stats - 9.5.0-p2

Cihan Subasi (Garanti Teknoloji) CihanS at garanti.com.tr
Tue Feb 17 11:31:05 UTC 2009

Hi,

When I run "rndc stats" on two different servers with 9.5.0-p2,  I am getting two different dumps of stats, one of them dumps the stats in very short format (7 lines), the other dumps it in very long format (50-60lines per dump)..What could be the difference on both? thank you

SHORT

+++ Statistics Dump +++ (1234821660)
success 276836710
referral 161176
nxrrset 111187427
nxdomain 17918582
recursion 190395
failure 40629328

LONG

+++ Statistics Dump +++ (1234524979)
++ Incoming Requests ++
               12807 QUERY
++ Incoming Queries ++
                8373 A
                  96 NS
                 370 SOA
                 495 PTR
                2420 MX
                 621 AAAA
                 144 SRV
                 288 ANY
++ Outgoing Queries ++
++ Name Server Statistics ++
               12807 IPv4 requests received
                   1 requests with EDNS(0) received
                2052 queries resulted in successful answer
                 638 queries resulted in authoritative answer
                1861 queries resulted in non authoritative answer
                   1 queries resulted in referral answer
                  53 queries resulted in nxrrset
               10098 queries resulted in SERVFAIL
                 393 queries resulted in NXDOMAIN