No cache in a forward name server

Luis Silva luisfilsilva at gmail.com
Wed Feb 25 19:18:13 UTC 2009

Hi all!
I read in some previous posts that you don't agree of not having cache in a
name server. The problem is that I wanted to have a bind server
resolving external queries and doing cache but not for a specific zone that
I use "forward".

 client->ns#1(forward)->ns#2

That specific zone is private and authoritive and I didn't wanted to set up
the ttl=0 because I want the clients to cache. Nameserver 2 doesn't support
zone transfer, so each time I chance the information in that server (the
authoritive) the ns#1 will still continue to send incorrect data.
Can you help me? I read the manual and checked all the cache parameters with
no success.
Thanks in advance,
Luis