single-character host names

Josh Littlefield joshl at cisco.com
Fri Feb 27 01:06:50 UTC 2009

I find a more direct approach is to just use the tools.ietf.org site
when looking up RFCs.  It is is less authoritative, but pretty trustworthy.

For example, browing to http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc1034 will show at
the page top all the RFCs which update RFC 1034.  If the RFC was
obsoleted by another RFC, it would be shown there as well (e.g.,
http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc973)

-josh