Change my primary DNS server safely...

Thomas Manson dev.mansonthomas at gmail.com
Fri Feb 27 15:05:30 UTC 2009

Hi Jeff,

  Actually, I've Postfix/Apache2/Bind (primary DNS) on the same
machine which is hosted by one company.

  I want to dedicate a server to be the primary DNS. This server is
hosted by another company. (the first server will be re installed soon
but will stay in the original hosting company).

  The secondary DNS is already a dedicated server.

  So my new primary DNS  is ready and the old server will still be
running (at least for the apache2 service).
  Should I let BIND running on the old server or stop it ?  (whould it
be annoying if the old ip still answer to query ?)

Regards,
Thomas.