Change my primary DNS server safely...

Denny Jodeit denny at jodeit.com
Fri Feb 27 15:08:08 UTC 2009

It's not exactly 'proper' practice, but I have successfully turned down the
caching time to 300 seconds. Do this a week ahead of your planned server
move.

After you know everything is resolving correctly, obviously reset your TTLs
to the accepted settings.

Be aware this 'will' create traffic, but if your network can handle it, it's
not an issue.