Bind 9.6.1 stops after few hours.

Anatoly Pugachev mator at team.co.ru
Wed Jul 8 10:31:21 UTC 2009

On 07.07.2009 / 11:55:34 -0400, Rob Payne wrote:

> > What do you mean by "stop"?  Did the daemon crash, simply not respond
> > to queries, or something else?
>
> I don't know if this is the same as what Laurence is seeing.  Testing
> 9.6.1 on Solaris 10/sparc, with a local build (THREADS, no MEMFILL,
> openssl 0.9.8k) the server stops responding to queries made from the
> network (LAN), until a local query comes in (dig @localhost ...).

We're using 9.6.0-P1 in solaris 10 x86 zone, acting as both recursive
and authoritative server (a bit loaded, like 1k concurrent recursive
queries during daytime hours seen with 'rndc status') and don't seeing
any problems with it. Bind was configured as
'./configure --with-openssl=no' since we don't use DNSSEC.