DNS Maintenance

Barry Dean B.Dean at liverpool.ac.uk
Wed Jul 8 15:41:14 UTC 2009

I have been thinking of this same issue lately when I had to move a
dns service from one host to another to re-build the OS.

I use virtual IPs on the host making it relatively easy to move the
service around. But as I use Solaris 10 as the platform I am thinking
that Zones would be a winner here as I could move the service around
physical machines much easier, much like vmotion.

It would require the zone data to be on shared storage, but would
bring me huge flexibility.