about alt-transfer-source

Mark Andrews marka at isc.org
Fri Jul 10 00:19:43 UTC 2009

In message <f45e198a0907090445wa7ee541of499df42519c53f6 at mail.gmail.com>, Peter
Andreev writes:
> Hello, Stacey
>
> I'm not using views. Now I'm tring to solve next problem:
>
> I have two slave servers, both have same IP-address on loopback interfaces,
> this IP-address specified in masters' "allow-transfer" lists, and in
> "transfer-source" option of my servers. Due to routing only one server
> receives zone updates, while the other one logging "retries limit exceeded".

Don't initiate transactions from a anycast address.  It doesn't
work reliably.  Let you slaves choose a source address other than
the anycast address for the zone transfers.  If you need to
authenticate use TSIG.

If you want to cross transfer have the slaves listen on a non anycast
address and use those in the masters clauses.

Mark

--
Mark Andrews, ISC
PHONE: +61 2 9871 4742                 INTERNET: marka at isc.org