Truncated, retrying in TCP on Reverse lookup

Matus UHLAR - fantomas uhlar at fantomas.sk
Mon Jul 13 14:21:35 UTC 2009

On 10.07.09 22:40, Stephane Bortzmeyer wrote:
> No. No good reason for such restriction.

While from DNS' point of view there is no reason to do that, many programs
checking and/or validating reverse DNS may comply or give strange results
(different hostname may appear in the logs).

Also, validating (forward confirming) more reverse names takes much longer
time than validating just one. Or, will you validate only one/few of them?

So, I think that the recommendation above is good.

My mind is like a steel trap - rusty and illegal in 37 states.