Odd PTR through cisco NAT behaviour.

Hokumae hokumae at gmail.com
Tue Jul 14 03:58:26 UTC 2009

Thanks for the quick response Mark.

I've already tried the 10. reverse zone in the "external" view option,
and no joy (not sure why).

I will just have to think about the Cisco config.  There is a mirrored
round-robin server ring behind the router answering
first-come-first-serve for several services including DNS in the local
NAT pool.. this other option would mean having to have static entries.

I wonder what the standard option is for this. We cant be the only
ones running DNS on a NAT network w/o exposing the servers to directly
addressable address space?  Google searches of several seach
permutations have turned up nothing so far.