SRV Record Priority set by IP Address

Dave Sparro dsparro at gmail.com
Mon Jul 20 19:24:34 UTC 2009

Lev Vanyan wrote:
> 20.07.09 14:11, Chris Thompson написав(ла):

>> Using two views is right, but the rest of this is very much not so.
>> No SRV-using application is going to treat the RR order in the answer
>> as significant. They will use the priority and weight fields as
>> described in RFC 2782 (or so one hopes). Those should be adjusted
>> appropriately in the two views.
>>
> I don't think that i understand how views are used here. Can you explain
> please (preferably accompanied with an example of a probable config)?

"Views" are the BIND way of defining different sets of DNS data to send
based on the source IP address of the requester.

In effect you configure a different set of DNS data to be served for
each ACL match you define in the config.  You need to have a different
copy of the zone file for each view you define.  Use ACLs to define the
different IP ranges.

--
Dave