Issue with Two Views and Master/SLAVE Servers.

Kevin Darcy kcd at chrysler.com
Mon Jul 20 23:46:37 UTC 2009

You've got some invalid syntax. Elements in a "masters" clause are
separated by semicolons, not just whitespace. I don't believe you can
use negation in a "masters" clause either.

On the slave side, your main task is to ensure that your outgoing
zone-transfer requests are signed with the appropriate key for the
appropriate view. The IP address in your "masters" clause is 10.0.0.8,
but you're only TSIG-signing transactions for 10.58.139.85, so that's
not going to work. You need to TSIG-sign the zone transfer requests for
the master you're going to actually use, if you want the correct view to
be selected.

- Kevin