[SPAM] Win2k and bind

Matus UHLAR - fantomas uhlar at fantomas.sk
Thu Jul 30 08:37:49 UTC 2009

On 29.07.09 22:37, Abello, Vinny wrote:
> Considering 2003, 2003 R2, 2008, and 2008 R2 (technically done, but will
> officially release in October) have been released, I don't think dropping
> support for an ancient operating system from 9.5 years ago and roughly 3
> prior generations that the vendor doesn't even support is a bad idea. :)
> 2k boxes are time bombs, IMO.

even if they were not (windows updates), there is a technical reason that
prevents new bind from being compatible with it (new security features
require that). Search web/archives for more info.

Until M$ fixes that one (I doubt so), new BIND won't be compatible with w2k.

We are but packets in the Internet of life (userfriendly.org)