disable ipv6 in config?

Gilles Massen gilles.massen at restena.lu
Thu Jul 30 08:48:06 UTC 2009

>> Is there a way to prevent Bind (9.6) from using ipv6 transport for
>> making queries, by an entry in the config file rather than by
>> 'named -4'?
>>

> Well, i think that is OS-specific issue than bind issue. At once,
> that was discussed in here, i remember. Ask to Mark.

I don't think it's OS specific: the OS has no way to know that Bind
should not use the (otherwise potentially valid) IPv6 address. Besides,
the -4 flag already does the job, it only that I'd prefer that in the
config file rather than on the command line.

Gilles

--
Fondation RESTENA - DNS-LU
6, rue Coudenhove-Kalergi