idsable ipv6 in config?

Gilles Massen gilles.massen at restena.lu
Thu Jul 30 14:10:05 UTC 2009

JINMEI Tatuya / 神明達哉 wrote:
>>> No.
>> Ok, thanks.
>>
>> In that case I would humbly suggest to enhance the syntax of
>> query-source[-6v] and transfer-source[-v6] to accept 'none' as argument,
>> in some future release.
>
> I personally don't see a need for it (what's wrong with -4/-6?)

Nothing is 'wrong' (it works after all). But I find it easier and
cleaner to put all (or at least as many as possible) config options in
the config file, rather than have them in the command-line as well. It
makes a service easier to move, and it's less error prone (because you
don't 'forget' about things you don't see).

On the long run it would be nicer if e.g. query-source address could
take parameters in a form similar to listen-on. Disabling ipv4/6 in
config would then be a sideeffect. And yes, I know that has a much
larger impact than a simple transport selection.

> ...but
> if that's so important to you, you can always promote the future
> request as a funded project:-)

Well, operationally it's probably worth around 50 bugs to me, but that
doesn't seem enough? :)

Gilles

--
Fondation RESTENA - DNS-LU