idsable ipv6 in config?

Niall O'Reilly Niall.oReilly at ucd.ie
Fri Jul 31 10:35:13 UTC 2009

JINMEI Tatuya / 神明達哉 wrote:
> At Thu, 30 Jul 2009 12:10:14 +0200,
> Gilles Massen <gilles.massen at restena.lu> wrote:

>> In that case I would humbly suggest to enhance the syntax of
>> query-source[-6v] and transfer-source[-v6] to accept 'none' as argument,
>> in some future release.
>
> I personally don't see a need for it (what's wrong with -4/-6?)...but
> if that's so important to you, you can always promote the future
> request as a funded project:-)

	Needing to put certain fragments of a configuration somewhere
	else, rather than in the configuration file, is something I
	call "configuration spatter".  It doesn't help robustness.

	IMHO, any software which _needs_ a command-line option, other
	than the one specifying which configuration file to use, is
	broken as designed.

	Best regards,

	Niall O'Reilly