zone transfers

Barry Margolin barmar at alum.mit.edu
Thu Jun 4 00:42:22 UTC 2009

In article <h061r8$q82$1 at sf1.isc.org>,
 Michael Di Martino <mdm at openaccessinc.com> wrote:

> I have a Master BIND9 server with 2 active (up) interfaces eth0 and eth1.
> I need my zone update notifications and zone transfer to use eth1 instead o=
> f eth0 which is currently using.
> How can I change this behavior while still having the server listen on eth0=

Do you need it to send this traffic through eth1, or use eth1's IP as
the source address?  The other answers assumed the latter.

Most operating systems don't provide a way to specify which interface
gets used.  Setting the source IP doesn't force traffic to go through
that NIC.  The choice of interface is almost always based on the
destination address, not the source address.  And even if the OS
provides a way to force traffic through a particular interface, I don't
think BIND will use it.

Barry Margolin, barmar at alum.mit.edu
Arlington, MA