Trying to understand DNSSEC and BIND versions better

Chris Adams cmadams at hiwaay.net
Thu Jun 11 02:01:13 UTC 2009

Once upon a time, Chris Buxton <cbuxton at menandmice.com> said:
> On the other hand, the builds from the Linux vendors have been less
> than perfectly stable at moderately high levels of traffic. Rebuilding
> from stock source code has always fixed this problem. We've seen this
> problem with both the Red Hat build and the Debian build.

What do you mean by "moderately high levels of traffic"?  We run RHEL 5
and its build of BIND with no troubles.  I don't really see anything in
the source RPM for BIND that would cause it to be any more or less
stable than a build from the standard distribution (modulo stability
bugs in specific BIND versions itself).
--
Chris Adams <cmadams at hiwaay.net>