Slave DNS disconnect...

Jeff Lasman blists at nobaloney.net
Sat Jun 13 04:33:35 UTC 2009

We recently received a /24 from a provider who said they'd delegate rDNS
authority to our servers:

ns1.ns-one.net (85.17.204.1)
and
ns2.ns-one.net (69.26.172.2)

But looking at the dig trace (I won't copy it in here) for one of the
IP#s (chosen at random):

$ dig -x 74.124.205.95 +trace

it doesn't end up at my servers, and I can't see how I can possibly have
authority.

But the provider assures me that they've got others set up exactly this
way and that they can do rDNS.

I can't, and I can't see how I could.

Can anyone tell me anything I can tell my provider to assure them that's
something wrong?

Or if not, please tell me that I'm wrong, and I'll figure out why my
zone isn't working.

(In the meantime we can't send email to a lot of places because or rDNS
isn't returning anything.)

Thanks!

Jeff
--
Jeff Lasman, Nobaloney Internet Services
P.O. Box 52200, Riverside, CA  92517