DNSDigger.com - An announcement and request for feature tips.

Joe Baptista baptista at publicroot.org
Wed Jun 17 02:35:59 UTC 2009

Can DNSdigger see .GOD?  What about .SATAN.

Does DNSdigger see the Peking University on the China National TLD DNS?
What happens if I ask it a question on the domain 北京大学.中国 or the equivalent
ascii IDN of  xn--1lq90ic7fzpc.xn--fiqs8s ?

Well I tried digger.  I know it does not speak Chinese, Peaking University
at 北京大学.中国 does not resolve.  Nor does the ascii xn--1lq90ic7fzpc.xn--fiqs8s
resolve - so we can assume digger can't yet see China.  Thats unfortunate.

Until digger can see China - it sure won't see .GOD and .SATAN.

But that fault aside - I like digger.  I'll use it - so sad it has limited
vision of the name space.  But I'm sure it will improve.

cheers
joe baptista

- thats one recommend bookmark ;)

On Tue, Jun 16, 2009 at 8:19 PM, Jay Ess <lists at netrogenic.com> wrote:

> DNSDigger.com - A massive reverse resolver that lets you dig deeper into
> the Net.
>
> DNSDigger.com is a service that lets you get more information about an
> domain name. It can show you what other domain names is hosted on a server.
> For example can that information be a valuable data for a hosting company
> that want to estimate how many customers a competitor has or se what other
> domains is hosted on a shared server and estimate the likelihood of that
> server being DDOSed.
>

> I am posting this to the Bind emailing list for two reasons.
> 1. To announce a relevant service (relevant to DNS)
> 2. To ask you for feature requests.
>
> I hope you don't get to pissed off ;)

Joe Baptista

www.publicroot.org
PublicRoot Consortium
The future of the Internet is Open, Transparent, Inclusive, Representative &
Accountable to the Internet community @large.
 Office: +1 (360) 526-6077 (extension 052)
    Fax: +1 (509) 479-0084

Personal: www.joebaptista.wordpress.com