SPF/TXT records

Jeff Lightner jlightner at water.com
Wed Jun 17 15:19:57 UTC 2009

Right my relay might want it but if so that would be in my internal
view. The Exchange and Sendmail servers only allow relay from specific
locations and neither is using SPF to authenticate so far as I know.

My question was more related to external view - what do people on the
internet expect to see defined as SFP/TXT record to verify it is a valid
email?

I'm quite certain Sendmail is not sending any water.com email and that
Exchange is not sending any waterinvoice.com email based on the Sendmail
configuration of atuprd01.water.com - it uses a mailer table to
determine which host to relay through specifically based on the domain
of the email message "sender".