how to create a private "test." zone?

Ben Bridges bbridges at springnet.net
Mon Mar 2 01:58:16 UTC 2009

> sun
>    NB: it also forwards to "isp" dns server.

If your sun server is configured to use your isp dns server as a forwarder, then I think it will forward requests for example.test to the isp server even though it delegated example.test to plesk.  That would seem to be supported by the fact that your sun server knows it is not authoritative for example.test (no AA flag in response to the query for example.test) and that you see it sending requests to the isp server (although you don't specify that it is sending requests to it for example.test).  You could try creating example.test as a forward zone in named.conf on your sun server and specifying plesk as the forwarder for that zone.