BIND logging in a separate node

Ben Bridges bbridges at springnet.net
Tue Mar 3 20:21:59 UTC 2009

Something like the following might work.

BIND:
      channel my_syslog {
                syslog local6;
                severity info;
                };

syslog.conf:
      local6.*		@remote-syslog-server	// Forward all messages
with local6 facility to a remote syslog server

You don't have to use the local6 facility.  Just choose some facility
that is not being used by any other process that logs to syslog.