anycasting, DNS client retry/failover

Gordon A. Lang glang at goalex.com
Wed Mar 11 19:50:23 UTC 2009

"Andrew JW" <andrew at andrewjw.ca> wrote:
> We run this on Linux using quagga and zebra. The script is a reasonably
[...snip...]
> I'd urge caution on route injection using CSS/CSM, we've had some bad
> experiences with it (specially the h/a features), ACE is better, but
> still not perfect.

So far the only problem I've run into with respect to using the Cisco
CSS for anycasting is that the "commit_vip_redundancy" script breaks.
But that stupid script was causing us problems in other areas anyway,
so we just don't use it any more.

Can you be more specific in terms of the problems you've run into
using the CSS for anycast?

Thanks.

--
Gordon A. Lang