Two outgoing queries for each incoming query

Gregory Hicks ghicks at hicks-net.net
Thu Mar 12 14:54:57 UTC 2009

> Date: Thu, 12 Mar 2009 13:43:44 +0200
> Subject: Two outgoing queries for each incoming query
> From: My Name <mylistuser1234 at gmail.com>
> To: bind-users at lists.isc.org
>
> Is this possible with 9.6.0-P1 or do I need to change the code (all
> ideas where to start are welcome, I haven't looked at the code yet).
>
> I want to setup a forwarder and each incoming query (in fact only A
> or AAAA) should be sent to two different upstream servers.

Why?  Bind already does this.  If there are two (or more) servers
serving a zone, it will already query all of them for the initial
query.  However, it uses the answer from the server that has the
fastest response time.

Regards,
Gregory Hicks
Gregory Hicks                           | Principal Systems Engineer
                                        | Direct:   408.569.7928

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men
stand ready to do violence on their behalf -- George Orwell

The price of freedom is eternal vigilance.  -- Thomas Jefferson