rDNS for /20

Doug Barton dougb at dougbarton.us
Fri Mar 13 06:23:43 UTC 2009

Jeff Lasman wrote:
> I've read the relevant parts of DNS and Bind over and over again, and
> I'm still going crazy.  I've searched this list going back about three
> years.  I've googled.  Each step confuses me more <frown>.

It would help if you described in more detail what you've tried, and
what is confusing you.

> I'm trying to set up a reverse delegation to two nameservers for a /20.

The easiest way to do this is to set it up as 16 /24s. Are you trying
to do something different?

> Netmask is 255.255.240.0 (I think).

I'm not sure why you're mentioning this, is there some relevance to
what you're trying to do?

hope this helps,

Doug