how bind supports multi-processors?

JINMEI Tatuya / 神明達哉 Jinmei_Tatuya at isc.org
Tue Mar 17 03:21:36 UTC 2009

At Tue, 17 Mar 2009 10:47:10 +0800,
Ralf Peng <ralf.peng at gmail.com> wrote:

> Is threads stable enough in product use of Bind?

It would depend on the definition of stability and of product use:-)

As far as I know, many people happily use BIND9 with threads in an
environment which would normally be called 'in product'.  On the other
hand, I have to admit we still sometimes see strange behavior only
happening with threads.

If you're a conservative operator and don't see a performance problem
without threads, you may just want to go for it.  If you hit a
performance problem with a non-thread build, enable threads and give
it a try.

---
JINMEI, Tatuya
Internet Systems Consortium, Inc.