NOTIFY from masters when slave provides several views

Terry Kennedy terry+bindusers at tmk.com
Sat Mar 28 03:54:12 UTC 2009

Niall.oReilly at ucd.ie wrote:
> On Thu, 2009-03-26 at 19:46 -0400, terry+bindusers at tmk.com wrote:
> > Importantly, neither the masters nor ns1/2/3 have different zone data in
> > different views - the answers are always the same.
>
> 	If you don't have different zone data per view, I don't
> 	understand what purpose the views serve, that could not
> 	be met using other configuration options.  From what you
> 	describe, they seem to be getting in the way.

  Let me clarify - for a zone in more than one of the views, that zone's
data doesn't vary by zone. The "internal" view has some zones not found
in the "customer" or "external" views.

  Also, the external view doesn't provide recursion, while the customer
and internal ones do.

  If you can describe how to handle the recursion issue without using
views or multiple DNS servers, I'd be very interested.

        Terry Kennedy             http://www.tmk.com
        terry at tmk.com             New York, NY USA