Postgres v MySQL v Berkely backend for BIND

Stephen Carville stephen.carville at gmail.com
Mon May 4 19:16:51 UTC 2009

I have to bother you all again.

I was asked Friday afternoon about using a database with the new BIND
servers.  To me it seems using MySQL or PostgreSQL is a bit like
hunting rabbits with a howitzer though Berkely DB looks like a good
fit.  I can find patches for all three but no real information on
reliability or performance.  Performance is not the big deal but
reliability and ease of maintenance is.

Anyone here have experience or an informed opinion in using a database
backend to BIND?

This is for BIND 9 on a CentOS or Redhat 5 system.

--
Stephen Carville