bind as slave DNS to windows AD dns server

Aleksander Kamenik aleksander at krediidiinfo.ee
Thu May 21 10:49:31 UTC 2009

Hi,

I'm trying to setup BIND named to be a slave a MS Windows 2008 server's
AD domain.

I set it up to be the slave and it works fine and I can resolv A records
from the domain on the slave bind. However I can't resolve some SRV
records like

_ldap._tcp.dc._msdcs.DOMAIN

Without this functionality a windows PC is unable to connect to the
windows domain.

At first it looked like the Windows DNS server gave BIND a partial zone
file. Later after some googling I realized it has something to do with
dynamic updates which I don't know how to set up and am not familiar with.

Most google replies deal with setting up bind as the master server. Is
it at all possible for BIND to act as a slave and forward the SRV
updates to the master? If so, please point me to relevant documentation.

Regards,

--

Aleksander Kamenik
System Administrator