BIND do not listen on udp port 53

Thomas Manson dev.mansonthomas at gmail.com
Fri May 29 10:40:38 UTC 2009

Hi,
  Thanks for the advices, i've run the test (named -g after kill) and the
realize the zonecheck of the AFNIC.FR has passed.

 As I didn't do nothing in between, I guess  this was maybe a temporary
error of the AFNIC.FR zonecheck utility (which says UDP port 53 was not
reachable).

 Is there a mean to query the DNS Server on UDP port 53 with something like
dig ? so I can be sure that it's not my server that is wrong ?

I'll keep in mind the lsfo -i :53.
For nmap, the correct command was nmap -sU ns1 -p53

Thanks for your help,
Thomas.