Bind is hanging on CentOS 4.4

Jeff Lightner jlightner at water.com
Fri May 29 19:37:34 UTC 2009

This may have something to do with the different way Linux does threads
compared to UNIX.

On my RHEL5 servers I see named humming along quite happily with 5
threads across two processors so it may be the original hang problem had
nothing to do with threads.   I tried to find something that would
document a process apparently running threads when told not to do so but
couldn't.

There was a change in the way threading is done by Linux between 2.4 and
2.6 kernel and CentOS 4 is based on earlier 2.6 kernel than RHEL5 so its
conceivable there is kernel version issue there but if so I didn't find
reference to it.

Jesse - did you try the --disable-linux-caps mentioned in the link I
sent you yesterday?:
http://linux-vserver.org/Problematic_Programs