zone A record?

Dan Letkeman danletkeman at gmail.com
Sat Nov 7 01:18:45 UTC 2009

Hello,

I'm new to bind and I have a question about giving a zone an A record.

I have one server setup as a master and two slave servers.  I have
created company.com as a master zone, and I have created
location1.company.com as a master zone.  The company.com zone has
entries for our web sites, and other services and the
location1.company.com has entries for some internal servers and other
things.  The problem I ran into is that I need to create an entry for
a website on our internal web server to point to
location1.company.com.  But I cannot do that because
location1.company.com already exists as a zone.  So my question is,
can I give the zone a blank A record?

If not, is there a better way to configure this type of scenario?

Thanks,
Dan.