Problem on CNAME configuration.

Cyril Gaudin - Rodacom c.gaudin at rodacom.fr
Mon Oct 5 14:41:24 UTC 2009

Le Mon, 5 Oct 2009 14:42:47 +0100,
Stephane Bortzmeyer <bortzmeyer at nic.fr> a écrit :

> Wild guess: the browser uses a proxy, which runs on 192.168.6.1. The
> proxy is doing name resolution (and uses 127.0.0.1, which is in the
> resolv.conf of its machine).

Indeed, there is a transparent squid proxy! Maybe squid didn't append domainname in the
dns request? I will look this way!

Le Mon, 5 Oct 2009 09:04:41 -0500 (CDT),
"Jeremy C. Reed" <jreed at isc.org> a écrit :

> You may want to ask your "browser" users list.
>
> Some browsers dont' use the system's resolver libraries and may do DNS
> lookups their own way.
>
> What browser are you using?

In my company, we use the most common browser (firefox, ie7, ie8, chrome and safari). But
I think, like Stephane said, that squid made this request.

Thanks for your help!

--
Cyril Gaudin
Rodacom - Infrastructure