mySQL backend for BIND

Robert Moskowitz rgm at htt-consult.com
Sun Oct 18 17:06:19 UTC 2009

I am NOT looking for one that automagically updates the various files.
I am more than happy with one that builds the files, even including
includes for 'non-supported types' (eg I am working with the HIP DNS
records).

I suppose I could design something, but then I would miss a lot.

I did find:  http://mysql-bind.sourceforge.net/, but this is 2 years
without an update and it replaces the various conf files.

I DO want mySQL as this is for an environment that already had a lot of
other information (like Postfix, CourierMail, and Squirrelmail) in mySQL.